How to smoke on a gas grill? This is the first questions in beginners minds when they just start grilling.In this article i will try to help you to find the answer of that question.I do barbecue diets that is why gas grills are very important to me. Cooking on gas grills when outdoor is the most convenient method or heating and smoking food. The source of fuel of a gas grill is propane, natural gas, or butane (liquefied petroleum gas). Gas grilling is considered the best way and they are user-oriented because they heat up quickly without wasting time, are processed easily, and also doesn’t demand high efforts in clean up.
Let’s move onto some real facts about gas grills and also to know about how to smoke on a gas grill.
Smoking ribs on a gas grill:
If you are wondering how this works, then continue reading, you’ll get to know it. Smoking ribs on a gas grill is pretty simple and not intricate. You just need to know that indirect grilling is preferred in a gas grill.
- That means if you have two burners in your gas grill in this case just switch on, one of the burners and place your meat on the opposite side. Using indirect grilling gives, a succulent taste and the ribs come out to be extra delicious.
- Moreover, for a smoky taste you can also use woodchips, woodchips can be purchased from any store or from where you buy grilling tools. By placing the woodchips on the flame directly, will catch fire and after a few minutes of burning, it will release ashes and slowly and gradually, smoke will emit.
- Those ashes should be stored in a container and placed on the side when the meat will be kept on the grill. That smoke gives an added taste to the ribs. Now, its time to turn on the burner to maximum heat and wait until the smoke emits.
Tip from Professionals:
- According to professionals, the key to good smoking on gas grilling is patience. You have to wait, otherwise, wastage of time would be there.
- Then, when the smoke is witnessed, you turn your burner to the medium flame. Place the ribs on top of the grill. make sure due to indirect grilling you are making the ribs slowly. The temperature of the grill should be 225-235.
- After some time, all the woodchip’s ashes will be burned out.but you have to wait until the ribs are fully ripe and in 45 minutes, a lot of smoke is been absorbed by the ribs.
- One risk that can be faced is of the ribs getting dried out. So, for that you should spray apple cider vinegar through a spray bottle. This should be done every 30 minutes. The maximum time that the ribs will take to cook is 4-5 hours. Then make some sauces or have a BBQ sauce to eat more flavorful ribs.
Best smoker box for gas grill:
Smoker box is vital to add taste to the food that you are cooking. An ideal smoker box is made of metallic and stainless steel. There are cheap smoker boxes as well, but they are of low quality, which burns up after a few uses. Unfortunately, sometimes it melts in maximum heat. So, you should invest in a good quality smoker box to prevent these disasters that happen to the box.
What should you consider in a smoker box before buying it?
- The box should be made of a non-sticky material and this factor should be considered important. when you have to place it underneath the meat and directly above the flames. In this case, it should be easy to clean and a non-sticky material would have a good coating, and clean up would not be a nuisance.
- The second most crucial element is the box. Some boxes are there which have holes on the top, to release the smoke from the ashes. Make sure to buy that box that doesn’t allow the ashes in them of the woodchips to fly out and stick to your juicy meat on top.
- Lid is also an important part of the smoker box. The smoker box should have a functional lid which you can lift and reload the woodchips as they would be burned out after some time.
If we talk about the best smoker boxes, then there are few options in front of us which are:
Cave tools smoker box :
It’s the most preferred smoker boxes. Its size measurements are 9 by 3 and it contains a capacity of 2 cups to store a large quantity of woodchips. The size is also so accurate that it fits in the flavor bar. Cave tools suggest that the woodchips placed in the smoker box should be dry and not soaked. because there are no holes at the bottom of the box so they shouldn’t catch fire. Furthermore, it provides you with a lifetime contentment guarantee.
2. Charcoal companion stainless steel, V-shaped smoker box:
Another option which is also one of the best smoker boxes is in front of you. It is made of heavy gauge stainless steel metal which the ultimate cause of making it durable. Moreover, an attractive attribute is that it’s not heavy on your pockets; it’s cheap. Its measurement is 4.5 inches wide and about 14 inches long. Maintenance is also not hectic and easy wiping can be done.
How to use wood pellets on a gas grill?
Wood pellet box is the container in which BBQ pellets are stored. The box is placed on top of the grill in your gas or propane grill. When the BBQ starts to heat, then the pallet will smoke. When the food is cooked and you want a smoky flavor then make sure to cover the lid and turn down the gas. Through this, the smoke will pierce into the food.
Want to have a perfect smoked meat on the gas grills , then you should know how to use gas grills and what great benefits it has. As stated above it is convenient and easy to clean. You also should invest in a good gas grilling equipment. Smoker boxes also affect a lot on the grilling as it helps to give a great taste to the food.
Find out the Best Gas grills under $300
If you want to add more smoke and flavors to your dishes find out the Best Pellet smokers of 2020