Smoking a fish is not a complicated process, and it is done quite faster than smoking meats such as pork or venison. Salmon is a fantastic smoking fish, and you only need large pieces of your fish. So, how to smoke Salmon? You can do this quicker hot-smoked version at your home kitchen! All you need is nothing more than a baking tray with a rack and some wood chips. To smoke salmon, hickory, oak, or applewood chips are ideal as they all give a slightly different player to the fish. Smoking salmon is worth experimenting with, and we are sure you are going to enjoy it!
Ingredients to Smoke Salmon
- Two salmon fillets, each weighing 200g
- 50g of sea salt
- 50g of sugar
- 1 tbsp of oil
Steps to Smoke Salmon
If you want to know how to Smoke Salmon, follow the following steps!
Sprinkle the mixture of salt and sugar liberally over the fish on all side and then set it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
Was the salmon cure with cold dry and then let it dry. To dry it thoroughly, leave the fish in the fridge uncovered for an hour
Rub the fish with oil to coat
Get a smoker or a baking tray and line it with foil. Cover the bottom in woodchips
Put the Salmon on the wire rack over the baking tray. Then cover it with the lid or foil
Put the tray over medium heat. As chips start to smoke, remove it from the heat and leave to smoke for around 20 minutes
Carefully get the Salmon out when it is opaque pink. Check with a metal skewer to check if it is cooked or not. Give it some more time as fillets require more cooking
Serve straight away or leave it to cool. You can also store it in the fridge and to reheat, give few minutes to the wrapped fish in the oven
How Long to Smoke Salmon?
For a perfect smoked salmon, you should work slow and steady. There are two ways to smoke the Salmon and that are in the smoker or on the grill. Both methods have their requirements, which are given below. Choose the one which you like the best and follow the following criteria for the best results.
Requirements for Smoked Salmon in The Smoker
Smoker Temperature: 220°F
Smoking Time: 2 Hours
Finished Temperature: 150°F
Requirements for Smoked Salmon On the Grill
Smoker Temperature: 220°F (med-high heat)
Smoking Time: 2 Hours
Finished Temperature: 150°F
Is Smoked Salmon Healthy?
Being considered a luxury item, smoked Salmon is one of the most eaten dishes in the world, not only because of its taste but also because of its health benefits. Have you ever wondered is smoked salmon healthy? Salmon can be made in curry and can even be smoked either hot or cold. Let’s have a look at its nutritional benefits.
Nutritional Benefits of Smoked Salmon
- Smoked Salmon is especially rich in omega-three fatty acids, which helps to provide a wide range of fats that are considered essentials as the body does not produce them.
- As sodium is the main component to maintain the blood pressure, due to the process of production, it is rich in sodium that reduces chances for heart diseases and stroke
- As compared to the naturally cooked Salmon, smoked Salmon is richly supplied with proteins. Moreover, it is also rich in vitamin B that is good for energy.
How to Grilled Salmon?
What is better than a simple grilled salmon in the summertime? Nothing! It is a favorite of all and extremely easy to make. Grilled Salmon is perfect for a light and healthy quick dinner. To know how to grilled Salmon? the ingredients and steps for the grilled Salmon are as follows
Ingredients to Grill Salmon
- 1 1/2 pounds’ salmon fillets
- lemon pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 / 3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Steps to Grill Salmon
Season the small fillets with the mixture of lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and water in a small bowl and stir it until the sugar gets dissolved. Place the fish with this mixture in a large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Oil the grill grate lightly and place Salmon on this preheated grill. Cook it for 6 to 8 minutes per side and check the fish with a fork until it gets ready! Your grilled Salmon is ready to serve!
How to Season Grilled Salmon?
Grilling is something that adds more and more taste to your dish, especially when it is Salmon. But the taste of it varies from spices to spices. Do you know how to season grilled Salmon? There are three ways to season salmon
- You can season it with salt and black pepper. Use your fingers to rub spices on it.
- You can also try rosemary and thyme on it as they give it a strong flavor to especially Roasted Salmon.
- If you love some sort of smoky flavor, you can also go with paprika, Chipotle powder, paprika, and cumin. You can also use while grilling it.
How to Cook Grilled Salmon?
There are several methods by which you can make grilled Salmon. You can easily bake it, steam it, or whatever you want. But grilled Salmon has its flavorful taste. Let’s look at the procedure.
- Recipes go with a marinade. All you need is some spices include garlic, soy source, brown sugar, and some mustard paste.
- Leave that mixture for about 1 hour to a maximum of 8 hours so that it gets well marinated.
- Then remove the Salmon from the bowl and place it on the grill. Grill it until it turns brown
If you look for best smoker grills to make your meals delicious ,here are best smoker grills for you.