Are you a fast-food lover? If yes, you may have tried a lot of fast foods at restaurants and also tried to prepare them at your home. But the thing is that to cook perfect fast food, and you will require some essential instruments. Have you ever used grills? If you are a BBQ lover, then you must have an idea that what are charcoal grills. However, grilling may sound like a source of fun, but charcoal grilling is not as easy as you have assumed. They are the best means to cook quick fast foods such as hamburgers, hot dogs, BBQ. But first, you should have to know about how to use a charcoal grill? Let’s discuss it in detail below.
Tips And Techniques While Using A Charcoal Grill
You must know all the techniques while handling a charcoal grill if you are transferring over from a gas grill to a charcoal grill. Once you get to know about the cooking on charcoal grills, then gas grilling will not be a big deal for you. If you are a beginner, then make things easier by using some kinds of chimneys, which will help you to lay your prepared coal over your grill.
Steps For Using A Charcoal Grill
Follow the following steps to use a charcoal grill in the best way
Measure The Coals:
When you are dealing with a charcoal grill, the fuel here is charcoal, so you have to know about the perfect amount of charcoal to be filled in the briquettes while you are starting to cook. You should also have to keep in mind that some foods take high heat whereas others need low heat, so the heat depends on the amount of fuel and charcoal you have used.
Lighten The Coal:
You can use a chimney starter to light up the coals, in addition to this, it also measures up the heat. All you have to do is load the chimney with the desired amount of coal, light it up with the help of a chimney starter, and place it inside the grill’s rack.
Preparing A Cooking Grate And Building A Fire:
When coals are lightning, clean and oil the cooking grate. You can use a brush to oil the grate. After this, you have to build a perfect intensity of fire so that it may expand equally all over the food.
Controlling The Temperature:
All you have to maintain the temperature is not only the amount of fuel and stack of coal matter but also the amount of oxygen provided to your fuel. For this, charcoal grills are provided with vents on the top.
How To Use A Charcoal Grill As A Smoker?
Many people also love smoked food, and if you want to enjoy some smoked with a charcoal grill, you must have to know how a charcoal grill can be used as a smoker. Follow the following steps to turn your charcoal grill into a smoker.
- When you have to settle up your kettle for cooking. All you have to do now is to arrange the number of coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Choose the number of wood chunks you want to use. Soak all those chips in water for about 30 minutes so that they produce more smoke rather than flame.
- After this, pour the lit charcoal on one side of your charcoal grill. For the recipes which require more time than 30 minutes, put a water pan on the grate’s empty side.
- Add the drained wet wood chunks on the top of the lit charcoal and cover the lid over it, and it will produce the best smoke, leaving a good taste to your dish.
How To Use Charcoal Vents?
As we know, cooking is all about controlling the heat, so vents are provided with charcoal grills to maintain a steady temperature. Have a look at the following steps while using charcoal vents.
- When using bottom vents, keep in mind that they are used to fuel the fire along with oxygen. Place them where the oxygen is easily available. So the more oxygen will be provided, the hotter will be the fire.
- The upper vents are used to smoke out of the grills. They are used to create an exhaust which aids in cooling. So close them and make sure to seal the grill.
- The most important thing is to manage the vents as mentioned above in order to maintain smoking in the charcoal grill. For this open the dampers just below and up the meat and close all the other vents to keep the fore up.
How to Cook Ribs On a Charcoal Grill?
Ribs are favorites of almost everyone. The secret of making tender ribs on charcoal grills is the low temperature provided by it. Follow the following steps to make mouth-watering ribs with charcoal grills.
- You will have to know the right amount of temperature and coal for cooking ribs perfectly. Fill the chimney with charcoal.
- Place a pan of water to absorb the excess heat and to add more humidity to the grates.
- Place all the ribs on the grates and make sure to place them furthest from the charcoal.
- Check them over and over again by maintaining the temperature until they are cooked completely.
How to Keep A Charcoal Grill Hot?
When dealing with a charcoal grill, the most important aspect is maintaining a steady temperature inside it and keeping it hot during the whole session. In order to keep it hot, and to ensure perfect cooking of your food, flow the following steps
- Pile a sufficient amount of charcoal in the grates.
- After lighting up the initial charcoal, start adding up the charcoal after short intervals to ensure continue heating.
- Make sure to spread the coals all over the grates, so that the air may circulate.
- Remove all the ashes continuously, as they may hinder the heating.
In the end, from the above discussion, it is clear that using a charcoal grill is not only a source of fun but also an appetizing taste to your dishes. Follow up on the points as mentioned above while dealing with the charcoal grills.
If you want to know about Best Pellet Grills and Smokers, Click Here
If you want to get useful information and tips about How to clean your grill, Click Here